Appearance expresses attitude and personality, and it also influences behavior. FCS’s Dress Code expresses seriousness and a positive attitude that suggests a readiness for learning. A wholesome appearance that honors the Living God is marked by neatness and modesty and appropriateness,avoiding extremes and fads that would compromise a Christian’s witness. School officials, staff, and parents view uniforms as one positive way to reduce discipline problems and increase school safety.
The potential benefits include:
· Putting the focus on academics rather than clothes and fashion;
· Cutting down on the expense of school clothes;
· Helping students differentiate between a learning environment and a play environment;
· Instilling a sense of discipline;
· Helping students and parents reduce peer pressure.