2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
We understand that in a time of economic difficulties that there are low-income families who would like to send their children to a private Christian school, but are unable to do so. FCS has created a small fund for these families to give them an opportunity to send their children to our school.
This year we will utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee who makes recommendations to the Headmaster based on next year’s budget. Upon approval by the Headmaster, financial aid offers are then sent to families.
As a reminder, you must reapply each year. To start the process, please do the following:
1) Click on the “FAST” button at the bottom left margin of the home page.
2) The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided. Please do not call the school with questions.
3) The charge for the application is $43.00-(non refundable) and to be paid by credit card at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please call to school for assistance.
4) After completing the online application you will be required to mail your 2016 tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2’s to:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington DE 19806-2594
*Including the School’s name on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application.
5) The online submission deadline for all applications is March 1st, 2017
6) Your tax return must follow the submission, and be postmarked March 1st, 2017
*Make your tax appointment early.
The goal is to have an award determination made by the time re-enrollment contracts are issued on March 1st, 2017. While no financial aid procedure can be entirely equitable – there are simply too many individual factors and extenuating circumstances – this new process that has been selected should serve our School community well. Among its many features will be the ability to further secure your financial data, and maintain the high degree of confidentiality that past recipients most appreciated.